Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 March 2016

I HATE THE NIGHT




I hate the night, it terrifies me. When I told my sister  Kemi about my Nyctophobia she went all Psalm 23 on me, the next time I tried broaching the subject she went from zero to Psalm 91 real fast. Since then I never bothered again.
How do I let Kemi know that I’m not afraid of arrows of evil or pestilence or doom and destruction?  How do I tell her  that her psalm 91s and 23s won’t work against my fears because the Bible also said that I should honour my nightly torment  so that my days may be long?
 How do I explain that it’s not the darkness that scares me but what daddy does to me in the darkness?
How do I find the words?
The first time Daddy came to me was the night of my fifteenth birthday; he told me he had come to say goodnight to his beautiful princess-he always knew how to make me feel special- he told me that I was all he had ever prayed to God for and that ever since mommy died I and my sister Kemi where all he needed in this world and he kissed me on the mouth…. Twice.
The next time daddy came to my room he told me he loved me and that it would make him so proud to have me as a daughter if I would let him show me how. I did.
As Daddy was beaming with pride at my blood stained sheets I stared at my feet in shame and pain, he told me to keep this as our little secret. I did.
It’s four years today since my fifteenth birthday. Daddy says he has a surprise for me ……

I hate the night, he terrifies me.

No comments: